Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quilts for sisters

I finished this first quilt ("Nora's Purple Garden") at the beginning of last fall. It's for a dear friend's youngest daughter. It's a barn raising pattern. Boy, it was a tough one because I wanted all the fabrics to be just right. So, I had to cut the squares into HST's first and then sew. It was NOT a random project at all. But, it turned out beautiful.
Corner detail with heart sewn in.

The back fabric is below. The top is on top!

Top of the quilt

Back of the quilt

The next quilt ("A Little Birdie Told Me")  is for the same friend's oldest daughter. It was for her third birthday. This one is so precious...well, the quilt and the daughter! I found this pattern in a little shop during my trip to Utah with my sister-in-law. We went to the sewing summit together and had a blast!
The birdies were fun to make. Each was sewn on with my machine. The insets in the border are made up of 4 triangles. I thought it would be nice to mimic something from the sister's quilt.

Birdie detail. 

This is the only photo I have of the back. The back is made of "Ruby" and "Bliss" flannel. It's to die for!
There you have it! Two more quilts hand made by me. I'm almost done with another one. Hopefully it won't be so long to post it. Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment