Monday, August 20, 2012

64 Sawtooth Stars

I am part of a sew along hosted by my sister-in-law. It's been a lot of fun. There are 15 gals participating and we are all at different stages. All the quilts are beautiful!

Here is a peek at my progress...all 24 stars...40 to go! I'm using 1940's reproduction fabrics. They are turning out nice. The top of the photo is washed out. i couldn't get the natural light to cooperate. There are yellow and pink blocks up there.

This one is my favorite block so far. I love the blue and orange.












Here is my Amish block. Extra points if you know what that is.













In other news...Evan starts his second year of preschool this week and soccer class is in it's second week. I've been busy with reorganizing the house. We bought a cube system for Evan's room and a new key hanger for all of our keys. My quilting stuff still hangs out on the breakfast bar. There are some things that just can't be helped...sigh!

2 comments:

  1. Is the Amish one your deliberate imperfection? :)

    LOVE this!!! You are making such a stellar piece! I agree: that blue and orange block is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stars. Such a huge project. I have tried to comment on your blog before and was denied:( We met last year at Sewing Summit. I read your SIL's blog faithfully. I am ready to attend again, just waiting for the class sign up to come out. Tomorrow I am visiting Fancy Tiger and Wooden Spools!

    ReplyDelete