I started to quilt the newest project that has to be done by Saturday, April 9, 2011. I'll post more of the process behind this later. I was going along happy as a clam with my machine. Then I turned it over and oh my goodness! The bottom thread was just laying on the fabric and the loops from the top were sticking out. I was tense... har har! I decided it was a good time to clean and oil my machine. Mad Madd (my husband) got me the machine a few weeks before my birthday last year. I sewed the binding on Kira's quilt; pieced, quilted and bound the Sunny Flower wall hanging and finally pieced the Pinka Ballerina that is in the current works.
I have a confession. I have NEVER oiled or cleaned a sewing machine in my entire sewing career. You can give me a slap on the wrist. It's probably deserved. Now that my machine is pretty much brand new I wanted to keep it in working order.
|Lots of furry friends to evict!|
|Test strip. I ran it through until the stitches were oil free.|
|Oiled, cleaned, new needle and tension adjusted...all is well!|