I created this pattern from scratch. I only bought a few different fabrics so I had to be creative. I knew I wanted to do something different in the center so I created blocks from strips of fabrics. For the rest of the quilt I made monochromatic 4 patches from 1 sport fabric and three coordinating fabrics and used this great vintage looking baseball and football print for a full size block. Then I bought solid black for the sashing. (this I love, but having a white dog with lots of hair made it painful to keep clean) I didn't have enough of any one of the fabrics for binding so I took what was left over and made it multi-colored. I think it turned out really nice. It is very normal for me to buy a bunch of coordinating fabrics and a main fabric without any design in mind. That's part of the mystery and excitement.
|The big block on the left is one piece of fabric. I hand stitched all the blocks then tied red and yellow floss into the black sashing. The back is all black and you can see the yellow and red thread used for the hand stitching.|
|January 2011: Evan and Ben and my grandparents house in MI.|