Friday, June 10, 2011

Evan's Funky Monkey

Wow...it has almost been two months since something has been posted. I have been a little busy, to say the least. We went to Florida, had a visit from my mom, brother, sister-in-law and nephew, celebrated Evan's 2nd birthday, first day of preschool, quit a job, got hired and started teaching yoga again! That's a lot of stuff.
Last week I started to cut out the fabric for Evan's Funky Monkey quilt. It feels great to be back to fabric. It seems I need a break in between projects.


All the fabric cut into blocks. I paired them so they would compliment each other.

Elizabeth Hartman's book...great patterns!

I love this pattern. This is the one that I orignally had in mind for Evan's quilt.

I decided to craft a pattern myself. The quilt will be made up of 12 inch square blocks. I haven't decided if I am going to use sashing or not. I guess it depends on how big it is.

Basic layout of the quilt top
The nitty gritty!

Now I just have to decide how the blocks will be comprised. See below.
Option 1: Using only the complementary fabrics

Option 2: using two sets of complentary fabrics

Option 3: using 3 sets of complimentary fabrics
I'm leaning towards doing a combo of option 1 and 2. That way there will be some visual interest.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Yes! A combo of 1 & 2 is a great idea!

    I saw her book in the store the other day & thought it looked quite good. Nice explanations, etc.

    Excited to see this funky little monkey take shape!

    ReplyDelete